Since the digital takeover, artists have more resources and tools at their disposal than ever before to build their own brands.
While social media sites like Facebook and Twitter are essential to growing your online presence, you should not rely on them as the only components of your online branding strategy. Give your brand the solid foundation it needs with your own domain.
Here are ten of the many reasons why every musician should have their own website:
1. It makes you look professional and serious about your career.
2. You can setup business email addresses ending in your domain name.
3. You are in control of everything from content to advertising to the user experience.
4. You can make more money by creating your own e-store to sell your music and merchandise.
5. You can completely customize the design to fit your brand image.
6. Having your own domain gives your brand a stable home base, so you don’t have to rely on the existence of third-party websites.
7. Registering your domain name prevents others from claiming it.
8. You can increase your online following by promoting and driving traffic to your social media profiles and pages.
9. Hosting only costs $5-$10 a month and there are many inexpensive (and even free) options for designing your own site if you cannot afford to hire a professional.
10. You can strengthen your fan base by creating your own online community where you can interact with fans through message boards and offer them exclusive content.
If you have more reasons you’d like to share, please let us know in the comments section below!